How It Works
Positive Pressure within the object (backpack, box, vehicle, etc.) results in the K9 being directed to the productive target areas such as seams, zippers and corners of a box or container.
Features and benefits:
- Powered unit generates a large volume quickly to avoid long wait periods for set times.
- Two speed fan control through touch sensitive switch for added flexibility and airflow control.
- Positive Pressure within the backpack, box or other containment results in K9’s searching productive target areas such as zippers, corners, seams and other points of access.
- Low cost and ease of use, this device can be attached under vehicles, in small spaces, carried in a backpack or hidden within a public container such as a trash can or mailbox.
- Rechargeable battery system provides for hours of operation and easy recharging through USB cable provided with unit.
Why It Works
When we train with scent dogs, we work in four different areas: articles search, vehicle search, building search and open area search. Our goal is to have the K9 trained to search productive areas on its own.
Using a conventional training aid, such as a stashbox or a scent bag, will require the handler to present productive areas to the K9 look for a change of behavior (COB) and a final response, (Sit). We also take in consideration amount, wind, temperature, set time, and height + depth of the training aid. This can get somewhat complicated and time consuming.
The K9 Power Wake creates a large scent cone,with low amount of material and no set time, and allows the K9 to follow the scent cone to source with minimal assistance from handler. It is also a great tool for green dogs, going through the imprinting process or working a problem for the first time, to induce the required response and developing change of behavior (COB).